Bronco

Why would a 1980 Bronco produce a whistle that goes up in pitch after the auto changes gears. It stops before the shift, but then will always start
again. Obviously, I'm thinking vacuum, but have no idea where to start to look.
Thanks anybody!
Brad

Try the transmissions vacuum modulator.
Brian

Never heard of it, but I have the shop manual and will find it. Thanks man!
Brad

the
man!
I don't know where it's located exactly on the Ford transmission, but the are small canisters about 2 to 3 inch diameter with a vacuum line running to them. They aid in smoother up shifts and shift timing due to the amount of engine vacuum that they receive. That's why my guess to look there.
Brian