bubbles in ATF/Sable LS 97

Hi all,

My car is doing strange things and tomorrow I'll take it to dealer. I posted before - the OD ff light is flashing, the car is occasionally stalling when i shift it to D . Today the CE light came on. I understand it's hard to say what is going on at least without looking at the fault codes. Today I checked the ATF - the level is OK , but there are air bubbles in there. AFAIK it is an indication that there is too much of the ATF in the tranny. Is that correct?

The thing is I bought this car few months back, the warranty is already gone. But the ATF was changed by the dealer before I bought the car so in principle it is their fault. The car is Sable 97 LS , Duratec

Dmitri

Reply to
DNB

in addition to the all above - the fault code is P1742. The code reader manual gives the following: "Torque Converter Solenoid Circuit Failed on "

Can it be associated with too much of the ATF in the transmission? Should I spare a couple of grands for the transmission rebuild?

Dmitrii

Reply to
DNB

If the TC solenoid is stuck that will make your car stall in drive. You are not talking about a major repair for that problem. And you are wrong. Bubbles don't indicate too much fluid since you checked it yourself and the level was OK. You can't have it both ways. And if you bought the car a few months ago you should have checked the fluid a few times anyway. The dealer is not responsible for your fluid level months down the road.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Thanks Al!

Al Bundy wrote: