Bucket Seat - Chair Back adjustment

I got out of my 2000 Ranger and move my driver seat back forward toward steering wheel to retrieve an item behind the seat. The mechanism under the seat behind the plastic lever broke and I could put the seat back into
the far-back position.
I work at a oil refinery and I went back at lunch and I had to unbolt the entire seat from the floor board and remove two cables and I had to hold two little metal (ears) back and them back on the chair back. There was no way anyone could have drove this truck and I am 300 lbs.
Ford tells me that track assembly is all one piece and it is $90.00.
Does this make sense to anyone of you folks? Have any of you ever had this problem? and finally, Where can I find a schematic of this track assembly, hopefully online?
Thanks in advance,
Jeff W. Waldrop