burning oil smell in vents

2001 mercury sable - for years now, there is a burning oil smell coming through the vents when turning on the vent trying to get outside air. I have looked for the leak and on hot surfaces and for drips and I can't find it. Really appreciate any ideas.

thx

Reply to
rebar

You don't sasy which engine you have, but the Vulcan can have rocker cover and intake manifold gasket leaks that let just a wee bit of oil onto the manifold, where it burns off making a stink.

Reply to
clare