Buy and sell cars

I noticed this cool new site where you can buy and sell stuff in your home state or city. They also offer listings for apartments and jobs. You guys should check it out at

Lex

Lex opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Lemme guess.. you "noticed" it right after you built it.

Stupid name for a redundant resource.

What do you want to bet it "channels" 'forsale' newsgroups!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

That is great, except every time I get a response to the two listings that I have posted on there, they are scam artists trying to get me to take a cashier's check for an amount over the price of the vehicle and send the remaining to there shipper to get the car over seas for them. Sounds great, except the check is counterfeit and my bank won't realize it and they will deposit it into my account. Sounds even better, except when the originator bank sends it back to my bank and I am responsible for the difference. In the meantime I still have the car and the $ I sent to the shipper actually went to the buyer/scam artist that didn't want the car in the first place, they just wanted me to cash the fake cashier's check and be left bent over. No I did not actually fall for this, but I do get at least one email a day from someone offering this same arrangement. I did the research and it is a scam.

Reply to
diy

So... you're saying INMYNEST is appropriate... as in Feather my.. or shitinmy!

;)

diy opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

And the reason to read beyond "cashier's check" would be...?

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1