Buying a Car?

I'm an ex-car salesman and have written a manual about purchasing a vehicle without getting raked over the coals. The cost is only $10.00 and I guarantee savings of at least $500.00 from the information in this book but
probably much more. That's a pretty good return on investment. Check it out at:
http://www.soilsandseptic.com/buyerbeware
--
Robert Olin

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 08:49:22 +0000 (UTC), "Robert Olin"

It's foolish to buy a car when there are so many around just waiting to be stolen. Is that in the book???
Ashton Crusher wrote:

cold day ... need a warm heater ...
usually the keys are in and the engine going...
exhaust puff marks the spot ...
good place is the post office ...
or a Fed Ex Truck can do in a pinch.
I am not trying to be punny ... it just happens.
??? Friggin' goofy...
Push button on remote start key fob... remove key... lock door on way out...
If worst comes to worst - punk gets door open... steps on brake pedal... car dies.. no key to restart.
There is only one way to spell "DUH"...
Having your car "stolen" is one thing.... giving it away with a key left in the ignition is quite another.

Remote starts automatic lock the doors. If the door is ajar the doors will not lock and the vehicle will not start.

If a door is ajar, the door locks will still get a door lock pulse (if that option is available and connected) and they will lock. Remote starts will, as a rule, not automatically lock the doors unless this options is also available and activated. It certainly helps if the car is equipped with power locks to begin with.
FWIW, any lock can only ever hope to keep an honest person honest... whether the door locks magically or whether we physically lock the door intentionally doesn't mean that some enterprising soul will not come along and decide he or she would prefer the door be unlocked...
Last but not least... I have yet to find a remote start that will not function with unlocked doors... and I live in a town where it is rare to find a car WITHOUT remote start...

In any event if one DID get inside that can not drive away in a vehicle equipped with a remote starter

It that is the way whether one wants a car or truck, all they need do is go to any convenience store on a very hot or cold day and choose the one that they want, that they will find left running as the driver goes inside, and simply drive it away. ;)

Mike Hunter wrote:

And it comes with free meals, housing and nice bed and toilet combo for 24-36 months, too.
Mike, you should try it.
Jeff