calif. emiisions yes or no

Where can I find a label on the car or something to that effect that would tell me if my 90 grand marquis is california emissions or not?
Thank you

Emissions control label is under the hood.... either on the bottom of the hood or on the rad support. There will also be a calibration label somewhere near the VIN label on the drivers door or B pillar.

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 23:47:22 GMT, "Jim Warman"

Thanks for the reply. I found it under the hood on the radiator frame, white label with a schematic of the emissions system.
No mention of the word California there anywhere.
Thanks,

merc wrote:

If you have the original window sticker it might list it as an option, California or Federal. The calibration stickers won't give that up, just some cryptic stuff that you have to look up. Try googling the calibration code.

Spike

Look on the sticker from the original sale (the one that lists all the options).
Jeff

Look at the emissions sticker on the radiator surround.
mike hunt
wrote:
Where can I find a label on the car or something to that effect that would tell me if my 90 grand marquis is california emissions or not?
Thank you
merc wrote:

You should be able to go to the parts counter at any Ford dealer and give them the VIN to decode. It will say for sure.
Normally the emissions sticker under the hood will say something like "Federal" or "50 state" or California, etc. If it only says Federal emissions, then it probably was not tuned for California.
That said, it doesn't matter! California is no longer allowed to penalize you for bringing in a used non-California certified car.
The only time it matters is when you are replacing parts and the part is different for a California certified car.
John

Since when is California prohibited from mandating it meet California emissions requirements? Not doubting your word, but I live here and it was in recent months there was a big problem with this.
--
Spike
veegerNO snipped-for-privacy@snowcrest.net wrote:

California can mandate that new cars meet it's emissions requirement, but the old program where they used to charge an "impact fee" for bringing non-CA certified vehicles into California was tossed out by the California Supreme Court and they had to refund the money to people who had been charged the fee. I believe it was 1999 or so when this decision was handed down. I am familiar with it because in 1996 we moved to California with our 1993 Volvo. Even though it passed the smog test with flying colors we were charged a $300 "impact fee". In 1999 we finally got that $300 back.
John

California may have halted that program, but they can still require that a car be equipped to meet the emissions equipment requirement for the particular model year. One of the guys from Mustangs Plus was trying to be\ring in and register a Mustang (forget what year and model) and CA refused to allow the registration because he could not prove it was CA emission equipped, even when Ford said that for that year the same equipment was used for all 50 states, and CA equipment was no different. And that took place within the last couple of years.
--
Spike