Calling all Ford Taurus experts.

Need help diagnosing a misfire on a 2001 Taurus with Duratec DOHC. I've replaced the plugs and wires. No check engine light. Cars starts fine and is driveable. Gas mileage unaffected. I will tether to a OBDII
scanner this afternoon to see if it's publishing any codes.
Also, any remedy to cancel the auto-warping front brake disks? I've never owned a car that would warp rotors like this. After market rotors did not solve the problem.
Are the sedan and wagon sway bars the same diameter?
Can I retrofit my sedan with wagon rear disk brakes?
Calling all Ford Taurus experts. Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Tue, Jan 2, 2007, 11:15am (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Need help diagnosing a misfire on a 2001 Taurus with Duratec DOHC. I've replaced the plugs and wires. No check engine light. Cars starts fine and is driveable. Gas mileage unaffected. I will tether to a OBDII scanner this afternoon to see if it's publishing any codes.
Also, any remedy to cancel the auto-warping front brake disks? I've never owned a car that would warp rotors like this. After market rotors did not solve the problem. <<<<<<<<<<<<
Auto warping? Don't know if the 2001 brakes are any different than the 1999 but I just had new rotors put on mine after 82k. Had them turned at 48k. New pads both times.
Eric
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Running well, no CEL, economy good, I don't see a problem yet.

Ford rotors, adjust/modify brake bias more to rear. If ABS on board, there is a mod to drill out the proportioning valve for better rear bias.

Front yes, rear, maybe. SHO bars will fit front & rear of any sedan.

Yes. It's quite straight forward.
Check here for all you could possibly want to know:
www.taurusclub.com
Rob