Camshaft Sensor out?

Hi, I'm trying to replace a camshaft sensor on a 97 Taurus 3.0L v6 Vulcan, and when I took it out, it was all broken inside. I am told that I have to replace the thing that the sensor sits on. I already got the sensor, but what is the part that it sits on? How much should the sensor and this part cost? And what is the special timing procedure that I hear that you have to do?

Thanks

Reply to
CLCONT6969

It's called a synchronizer, there is a special tool used for installation. In absence of the tool note the precise orientation of the top of the synchronizer (the part that turns) and the housing. Install the new one in the same position. T-95T12200-A is the part # for that tool in case you've already removed the synchronizer and weren't paying attention. Bob

Reply to
Bob