camshaft synchronizer install

I am replacing the head gaskets on an 01 Taurus with a 3 liter engine. I pulled the camshaft synchronizer with out marking it correctly. I had the exterior marked, but not the internal. a fem minutes later, I
put it right back in. I have not put the heads back on yet. I do not have the special tool for the camshaft synchronizer. I am probably at most one tooth off on the helical gear. Should I be concerned? Any advice on this would be helpful.
Thanks Pat
I think the car will run, and probably run ok but it probably won't inject fuel at the right time....???? You better get one of these: http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/otc6472.html