Can Anything Stop Toyota?

Page 16 of 16

Ahem, that would be you...

"Rate and degree"??? Do you have any idea about what you're talking about or just threw in these word because they have give a pseudo-scientific background to your meaningless statement?

"Their description is outlined"??? Oh, boy, it's getting better... :-)

That's the point you wandered off and put the foot in your mouth...

So you offer an article in which a mere 2% of the population is grossly obese to justify a 50% market share of SUVs??? Amazing...

Such dissonances would just annoy anybody even from afar... :-)
In

The percentage our American population who qualify as obese has been increasing over the study period identified in the article. ALSO, these same persons are MORE obese than ever before.

Perhaps it is also the point you took personal offense. ;-)

On the way to being "grossly" obese, there is an span of overweights who barely qualify as "obese." My opinion (not mentioned in the article) is anyone 40+ pounds over their adjusted ideal is at the threshold of obesity.

Hehehhehhe!
"She doesn't sweat much for a fat chick."
An obese plumber squats down to look under the old woman's kitchen sink As he does, there's a horrendous ripping fabric sound.... The astonished woman says.. "Oh my God! I didn't know jeans could just rip open like that!"
--
* Philip

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
masses in

Fat people are fat because they eat too much and don't get off their asses enough. That Is It. There is *NO* other explanation.
Fat people's favorite dumb-isms: "I have a slow metabolism" "I really don't eat *that* much" "I have a glandular disorder" "McDonald's made me this way, so I have sue them" "I have acid reflux"
Sorry. You are fat because you like to stuff your stomach LITERALLY to overflowing with metabolizable substances. The "acid reflux" is that 32oz bag of Doritos you ate before bed, when everyone else was already asleep and couldn't see you doing it.
Stop gorging, nibbling and snacking--and get off your ass once in a while-- and you won't be fat any more. Fast food has nothing to do with it.
Yeah, I know. You will deny all the foregoing because you can't face the fact that you are weak-willed AND a glutton.
--
TeGGeR

It's a shame too, because I remember the old Panther platform Fords and B/D body GMs holding far more than an SUV and getting better mileage to boot.

snipped-for-privacy@mac.com.nospam wrote:

I'd still say 50%. Almost all of those "driveway pickups" are smaller ones like Tacomas. Buying a huge half ton truck is usually something you do for a reason.(I'm not counting the people who lower and put the rims and such on these things - they're just plain odd)

Up here in Toronto, people buy them for the aggressive statement that they make. You see these beautiful waxed shiny F150s and 2500s puttering around town with the tailgates up (carrying nothing), while their baseball-capped owners blast Em-enema or whatever other obnoxious garbage they can get their hands on through the big stereos they put into them. It really makes no sense either, because they suck ass on snow, handle like slugs, and roll when they drift off the road because of the high centre of gravity. Lots of SUVs too. :P
Thank God that cube vans aren't fashionable, or the serial killers would be able to freely drive among us.