Can Anything Stop Toyota?

Hmmm....,

Yes there is something that can stop Toyota, my American made GMC Jimmy. I would be willing to bet that when it crashes into your Toyota, I will still be alive.

Considering that Ford owns Mazda, and GM purchased Isuzu, It's only a matter of time for Toyota to be a U.S. owned company.

GMdude

Reply to
GMdude

How bout that Dalmier company buying Chrysler, arent they in Germany?

Maybe it will be Toyfordco, or Toygemco.

Dale

Reply to
<dalej2

In news:x%otb.203353$Tr4.590292@attbi_s03, GMdude being of bellicose mind posted:

You are delusional.

Reply to
Philip®

block, The Crown Vic and Mustangs get cast iron blocks

Really? It's kind of the contrary to what I'd expect. Weird...

Thanks.

Reply to
Neo

Yes, and the GMC spilled some fluids, fluids that are often only found in the front of the vehicle. The Toyota was able to drive off because there is very little in the rear of a pick-up truck that is as critical as the lube and cooling fluids or the steering components, not to mention differences in front versus rear crumple zones...

I comprehend just fine, take another look at the comparison that was made (front damage versus rear damage).

If it'll make anyone feel better, 3 years ago I was hit by an S-10 pick-up truck that was behind me, my Toyota was totaled, the S-10 was driven away from the accident scene.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Very good point, Reece.

A number of years ago, my wife parked my '77 F150 in front of a van. Unfortunately, the van happened to be doing about 45 MPH at the time. The van hit the F150 dead-on center, but at an angle. The van drove off after the investigative report. My beloved 10 MPG 460 was towed off. The front bumper was distorted to a VEE. The grill and radiator were shoved into the block. The hood folded up like an accordion, and the fenders were pushed somewhat beyond the doors. The impact performed in a manner I presume it was engineered to do so. My wife only had some bruised knees.

Which leads to another good point. My wife had difficulty getting out of the truck because of the fenders jamming both doors. After learning of the accident, it occurred to me that in a front end crash the likelihood of losing battery service to power-operated windows is very great. Contemplate being in a vehicle on fire with jammed doors and windows you cannot roll down. Since then I have carried a readily accesible window-breaking tool in each vehicle.

This latter point was demonstrated to a driver who attempted to cross a flooded portion of road. The vehicle stalled in the middle of the flooded area. All power shorted out. He could not open the doors because of the hydraulic pressure exerted against the doors by the water. And, he was unable to roll down the windows. Fortunately, he was rescued despite his mental acuity shortcoming.

Reply to
getupand

This has been proven to be a myth. Power will be around long enough to operate the windows, and door locks. This was even shown on one of those discovery television shows. This guy most likely panicked which has been proven to make even the most easy things pert near impossible.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Next time you are in my neck of the woods, Mr. Moats, I'll take you to the exact spot this "myth" occurred.

Reply to
getupand

The Crown Vic is not a clear winner (or loser) to the Civic or Corolla. They are very different cars, for very different uses. A Civic or Corolla won't seat six, but a Crown Vic will drink more fuel and be harder to park in a crowded city. Somehow, it seems unlikely that someone considering a Crown Vic is also considering a Civic or Corolla, or vice-versa.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

Just don't have an offset crash like the ones shown in

.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

Reply to
Thomas Moats

You possess extraordinary dismissive inclinations which I have observed in many of your previous postings.

From the manner in which it was told to me by the observer who witnessed the event, the driver was actually very calm, cool and collected. The driver had reported that he firstly attempted to open the doors; secondly that he had attempted to open the power windows. Thirdly, he opened the manual sun roof from whence he exited and from where he was rescued. Not being clairevoyant, I will accept the driver's word that he attempted to operate power windows which failed to function.

I am well aware that electrical circuits MAY continue to operate when immersed in water. To dismiss this particular event as a myth is presumptuous.

Regardless, the intended point of my previous posting is that in a front end collision, the loss of electrical service is a likelihood be it from severed cables, damaged fuses or fusible links, or a demolished battery.

Reply to
getupand

If you want to think that, ok by me.

Not at all. It's more a simpletons way of explaining the events. There is a human nature need to always have an explanation, and this is a real easy one to grab on too. Do you or the "witness" know for a fact the key was in the run position? That some how in panic it was not turned off? That the "victim" although "appeared to be not in a panic state actually presses the buttons in the correct direction or even the correct button?

I'll agree with that. In the event of a MAJOR collision in the front of the vehicle,. it can lose all power. Not quite the situation when some one drives into too deep of water.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

I can't remember ever seeing 6 people in a Crown Vic...

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

Good point, many people do buy more car than needed if you are only looking at the total occupant issue. I drive a CV because of the room it provides me. I do not like being squeezed into what is called "mid-sized" cars by today's standards. Still comparison between the two is like apples to oranges.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

I have a client with a Crown Vic. On occasion I'll drive it to get gas. To be honest...it really dosen't have much more room than my '92 Corolla wagon for the driver.

You sit up higher, but I really don't think the drivers area is much bigger.

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

except in offset crash tests

Reply to
Steve Stone

I don't even know whether Aquarius was in its twelfth moon.

This simpleton will condede the point to your masterful analytical deductions. Your serve.

Sigh.

Reply to
getupand

Regardless, lay on the front bench and kick the window with both feet. Or, for those too wimpy, carry one of those car window hammers that are sold for a couple of bucks at any auto parts store...

Reply to
Neo

Most power windows underwater require a couple of tries and extended pressure on the swiitch as the contacts aren't as hair-trigger as usual. That news show example they had - the person "tried" the windows and gave up, yet after they dragged it out of the water, the windows worked correctly, even when wet. He just didn't press them long and hard enough.

Most low voltage current works fine underwater. Check out those Junkyard Wars episodes with underwater/water craft. They are running 12 volt car batteries for 10 or more minutes underwater - powering motors and such.

My mother's LeSabre has its battery underneath the rear seats for this reason.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander