Can Anything Stop Toyota?

Page 9 of 16
snipped-for-privacy@my.com wrote:

Troll!
--

SENATOR ZELL MILLER DEMOCRAT OF GEORGIA, the nation's most prominent
conservative Democrat, said today he will endorse President Bush for
✖
MDT Tech® wrote:

Though it is passe now, it was a truism years ago. Before unleaded gas it was commonplace for Toyota engines to require valves, pistons and rings be replaced around 75K. However, it was also true for Chevrolet, Ford, Chrylser, Datsun and Henry J. Unleaded gas was the best thing that could ever happen to car engines.
Add pictures here
✖
That's funny. You say thinks like that all the time about Fords, does that make you a troll as well? ;)
mike hunt
MDT Tech wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
In wrote:

MikeHunt.... I met an old friend from work yesterday. He had just bought ANOTHER Focus. When asked about his old Focus (2001), he said "I really liked the way the car handled and had no major problems with it, other than 2 recalls that I never took the car in to have fixed. The reason I traded it off was the transmission suddenly started making howling sounds in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears. Rather than have the transaxle overhauled (5spd manual), I traded it off quick."
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
In wrote:

PS: Frank's 2001 Focus had only 66,000 miles on it. That's sad.
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
✖

Naw, what's really sad is that he's so 'loyal' that he's going back for a second helping. Mention Toyota to him when his new Focus dies.
Friends don't let friends drive....
jak

Add pictures here
✖
In wrote:

Frank is a green card carrying German who knows what drives well. He HAS to have thrill over reliability. Frankly, I would prefer the suspension layouts of the Focus on the Corolla.
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
✖

Former Ford mecs that I know consider the Focus to be a throwaway, but should be good for 100 K. or thereabouts.
Dale

✖
Like anything else you gotta do the maintenance if you want them to last. I see lots of Focus' in courier service with 100K on the clock in less than a year. The fleet replace them every three years or 500K.
mike hunt
snipped-for-privacy@holidays.com wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
In wrote:

Really. Could you be more specific? Engine or transmission construction? Body quality? Electrics? A/C? Let's hear it! I love a good Ford Horror stories. :-)
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
✖
Philip® wrote:

LOL, I KNEW IT!
--

SENATOR ZELL MILLER DEMOCRAT OF GEORGIA, the nation's most prominent
conservative Democrat, said today he will endorse President Bush for
✖
In being of bellicose mind posted:

IF the odometer had displayed three 6's in a row..... would the earth have opened up?
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
✖
I guess he likes the Focus to buy another but I know what you mean, they all break down now and then, even when maintained properly. The manufactures don't repair trannys anymore they give us a new one, like the one year old Camry we had to put the tranny in at around 27K. Fleet car, they couldn't trade it, had to keep it four more years. I told them not to worry just because one went, doesn't mean they are all bad. It will easily last that long ;)
mike hunt
"Philip" wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Philip® wrote:

Mike thinks all cars break down, its not so, but he is using the Ford line of thinking. Philip, your buddys tranny failure, he must of been due for his 60K servcie, right. I'll bet he was between 60-80K miles, let me know if I'm right.
--

SENATOR ZELL MILLER DEMOCRAT OF GEORGIA, the nation's most prominent
conservative Democrat, said today he will endorse President Bush for
✖
In being of bellicose mind posted:

AS long as we define "Break Down" as a failure that requires a flatbed ride to a repair facility then..... I cannot agree with MikeHunt that all cars break down. With my definition in mind, Fords "break down" at a higher percentage rate. ;-)
66,000 miles.
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
✖
That is better than 27K tranny failure on a Camry.
mike hunt
"Philip®" wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
MDT Tech® wrote:

LOL, In my life there have been four transmission faiure in the family. One Jensen-Healey, one Ford, one VW, and one Toyota. Guess which one was the most expensive (lke 2x the others). Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad that it cost so much, but the car was so horrid that it was toture to decide to waste the money to have it fixed (and if you haven't guessed it was brand T). I was delighted to unload that junk on someone else. Oh what a feeling.
A friend of mine was a typical Toyota owner - he had an older diesel pick-up He drove it to over 200,000 miles. Of course to get there it required two tranmssions on one engine rebuild. According to him it was the most reliable vehicle in the world. I could only laugh. Not only was it horribly unreliable, it drove and rode like a dog cart. Oh what a feeling.
Ed
Ed
Add pictures here
✖
In being of bellicose mind posted:

You're MikeHunt's son ... aren't you.
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
✖
"Philip®" wrote:

No, I am just a disgruntled former Toyota owner who is trying to counteract what I consider to be Toyota's undeserved reputation as a supplier of fine cars. It is not that Toyota builds bad cars, they don't. But they aren't all that great either. For the most part they are boring, uninventive designs. I suppose the Pirus is an exception, but to me it seems second rate compared to the Civic hybrid. From my personal knowledge Toyotas are not particularly reliable, they are not particularly safe, but they do cost a lot. Despite what I perceive to be extreme mediocrity, Toyota gets tons of good press. It reminds me of the old days, when GM could push absolute crap out the door and have it declared "Car of the Year." Think of the absolute turkeys Toyota has unloaded on the US (the Previa, the original Cressida, the T100, the original Sienna, the original 4Runner, the Sequoia, the Echo) that the automotive press has treated like the greatest thing since sliced bread. Something smells (and I don't just mean the exhaust from a Camry).
Ed
Ed
Add pictures here
✖
In being of bellicose mind posted:

So it would be fair to say you have embarked on a personal crusade?