Can't find the 'yellow' timing mark , please help!!

Ok, following my Haynes manual for timing my 3.3L Mercury Villager, (93 villager/quest). I've looked up and down on the crank pulley, I've found the timing marks, but I can't seem to find the elusive 'yellow' mark that
indicates TDC. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Since the Merc is 11 years old, the color has probably faded or been covered with dirt/mud/rust. You could try cleaning the pulley with 409 and an old toothbrush, but you still may not be able to see it. With a strong flashlight, see if any of the marks is maybe longer or heavier than the rest, or possibly has a 0 (zero) on it. That would be the TDC mark. SC Tom

the