Cannot remove flywheel, Ford Ranger 3.0l

Ford Ranger 2002 3.0l V6 5 speed manual
I pulled the six bolts which hold the flywheel to the crank. But the flywheel refuses to be pulled. It looks like there is a retaining
collar - connected to the crankshaft - which prevents the flywheel from being removed.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Probably just stuck. Screw in one clutch bolt and pry it out. Should pull the flywheel loose.

On May 27, 4:24 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

Try bolting a steering wheel puller to the flywheel and an impact to remove it, if its factory installed its gonna be very difficult to remove. shouldnt be any sort of retaining collar on the flywheel. Hope this helps. Brett B.

Thanks much for the advice. After more work and penetrating oil, the flywheel finally came off. In all my years I had never seen one which was removed with such difficulty.
On May 27, 10:01 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

well im glad you got it off, i really like these groups, im new to all of this and all the answers are greatly appreciated. Brett B