CAR PROBLEMS

I have three problems that you might have an idea of the cause and what parts I need: 1) When I get a check engine light the transmission starts acting up.
The car starts slowing down and speeding. This happens sometimes when I drive on the highway for like 15 minutes or if I stop and go multiple times in rush hour (Could this be a sensor issue?). 2) The car shivers hard (it feels like driving on a gravel road), this happens sometimes between 30-60 km/h and 115-140 km/h. (I was told that this is linked to the oxygen sensor or something else as in fuel pump). 3) Signal light properly does not work when I try to signal left. It gets stuck, with signal light on and not blinking. I had to hold it by hand half way to get it to blink sometimes. Sometimes it makes the signal blinking ticking noise but if I check it out the light is not blinking.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again,
Oh I forgot, one more thing, the car needs a one-to-two quarts of oil every week. It is a 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis with 200K on it.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If it has the 4.6L engine, change the oil filter adapter plate gasket: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00041.html
I'd start with changing the flasher unit for the turn signals as that's the cheapest thing. You say the bulbs are OK and the multi function switch is probably OK, but that would be next if it's not the flasher. You need to check for the engine code that is being set when the light comes on. Fix that and the transmission may shift better. Low power will cause shifting problems. The "shivers" could be related to the engine light also or it could be a bad lockup solenoid for the torue converter.
200k sounds like you need a new car...try to flush the tranny fluid and change the filter that might help..rough driving can even be the drive shaft, drive 30 to 40 then shift the car into neu. if the noise goes away alittle bit check the u-joints and see if the weights are still on the shaft

I agree. Plus, cars have more safety features today than 13 years ago. And, you can get cars that get better mileage.
Jeff