car problems

I have a 91 mercury sable. When I run the engine for a few minutes, it starts to rev up all by itself and then it stalls. If I turn on the AC it dies immediately. Does anyone know what it could be?

iac valve ????

Where can I find the ACV (Air Control Valve)?
on top of throttle-body
Also see example
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemy37342898&category3606&sspagename=WD1V
And no, I am not the seller

what is iac valve??
Idle Air Control. It is a valve that allows air for engine running when your foot is off the gas. If the car runs OK when you hit the gas, it's a very good bet. Not too expensive and somewhat easy to replace.
PoD

Or, even cheaper, buy some carburetor cleaner, take iac valve off , fill it with carb cleaner, let soak 15 min.
In the mean time spray some on your throttle plate and housing on inside, get out your toothbrush and start cleaning
most of the time this will do the trick

thank you we will try this to see if it will solve our prob
thank you will try