car trouble EMERGENCY!!!

1996 Ford Aspire. Will not start, fires good. Need info on where to look for fuel filter or fuel pump. We have no manual to look up.

Some tips: 1) reset the fuel cut-off switch normally found in the car's trunk that shuts your fuel off automatically when the car is in an accident.
2) When you first turn the ignition key to the on position (without continuing to the start position to crank and start the car), can you hear the fuel pump running in the gas tank? Recycle the key a few times waiting 15 seconds each time to see if the fuel pump is being activated.
3) If the engine cranks faster than normal, the timing belt may have broken or slipped.
4) Make sure you have good ignition spark (not just good cranking).
In article

Don't remember where the fuel filter is on an aspire, probably under the hood.
The fuel pump is easily accessed by removing the lower rear seat cushion, you'll see the access plate.

Get a Toyota.
Mike snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.co.uk says...

--
I. Care

Then your troubles will cost you thousands and nobody will be able to give you advice for free.
On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:05:14 -0800, "Scott" <homealone.com> wrote:

Yes, but think of the reliability...err... scratch that.... ;-)
I would say you might want to check that the vehicle's immobilizer is working properly if it has one (my Saab Turbo does the same thing when the immobilizer kicks in).
Confirm that you have voltage at the coil when your ignition is on and that you have voltage at the fuel pump when the ignition is on. A bad ignition switch may allow it to start but fail to allow it to keep running (I'm assuming that's the problem based upon the description)
Where it an older car I'd say check ballast spark plug leads etc, etc...
Let us know how you get on.