car won't start- 1993 taurus

Having problems starting my car. lights and radio come on. when I first tried to start it I got a sound from the engine. The second time i tried
to start the car it was dead!!! nothing, but the lights and radio are STILL working. I PUT IN A NEW BATTERY ABOUT A MONTH AGO.
IS MY STARTER GONE!!!
Could be. However, you're in luck, the starter isn't expensive and is easy to replace.