Car won't start.

I drive a 97 Ford Taurus. Today I was changing the oil, and while I was unscrewing the oil filter, I touched the starter or a cable with the pliars and sparks were flying, similar to touching the positive to negative ends of jumper cables. After completing the oil change, I hopped in the driver's seat and noticed a steady clicking noise, (like a clock) underneath the steering wheel/dash. When I tried to start the car, the starter doesn't make any noise. The heat, and lights work. I tried jumping the car, and nothing changed. There is just that annoying click - click - click. It clicks when the keys are NOT in the ignition.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
evans.lewis

Something tells me you just FRIED your computer...

Reply to
Ford Tech

Start pulling fuses one at a time until the clicking stops. Hopefully it's not the ECM circuit. In any event, a fried ECU still wouldn't prevent the starter motor from engaging when you turn the key unless you have a security package.

If this check turns up nothing, try checking the fuses and fusible links under the hood, usually on the driver's side.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Bailin