Carfax

Hello Group.

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a Carfax for VIN#

1FMYU02Z45KA02179. I'd appreciate it. I'm a private buyer and it's a private seller.

Thank You

Reply to
MFudalla

Go to the Carfax website and pay the fee, just as dealers do.

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
MFudalla

On Sat, 11 May 2013 23:13:02 -0400, "MFudalla" wrote in Re Re: Carfax:

Holly Molly! 1 CARFAX Report for $39.99

I would rather spend the $$ having a mechanic check the car.

Reply to
CRNG

Two different things. The mechanic can tell you what shape the car is currently in, mechanically. The Carfax can tell you the history of the car - where it has been - what has been repaired under warranty or insurance - what damage has occurred etc.

In Ontario a simple "sellers package" which lists previous ownership history, any registered Liens, and taxable value, costs you $20. Any gaps in the history mean it was out of province (I believe only Quebec does not show up) or out of country. _ meaning it could be a hurricane or flood vehicle.

Reply to
clare

$34.99 here. But an AutoCheck report can be had for $29.95. CF shows 14 records for the VIN given, and AC shows 17. Wonder what the discrepancies are? Of course, those hits can be anything from a scheduled oil change to a recovery from the river. Can't tell without the full report :-) All of the dealers in this area provide free reports (either CF or AC, sometimes both) with their used cars, even on line. I've scoped out a few looking at cars on line.

Reply to
SC Tom

Thanks everyone. I got the information I was looking for.

Reply to
MFudalla