Carfax

Hello Group.
I was wondering if someone could help me out with a Carfax for VIN# 1FMYU02Z45KA02179. I'd appreciate it. I'm a private buyer and it's a private seller.
Thank You
On 5/10/2013 18:23, MFudalla wrote:

Go to the Carfax website and pay the fee, just as dealers do.
Thanks Bob.

Holly Molly! 1 CARFAX Report for $39.99
I would rather spend the $$ having a mechanic check the car.

Two different things. The mechanic can tell you what shape the car is currently in, mechanically. The Carfax can tell you the history of the car - where it has been - what has been repaired under warranty or insurance - what damage has occurred etc.
In Ontario a simple "sellers package" which lists previous ownership history, any registered Liens, and taxable value, costs you $20. Any gaps in the history mean it was out of province (I believe only Quebec does not show up) or out of country. _ meaning it could be a hurricane or flood vehicle.

$34.99 here. But an AutoCheck report can be had for $29.95. CF shows 14 records for the VIN given, and AC shows 17. Wonder what the discrepancies are? Of course, those hits can be anything from a scheduled oil change to a recovery from the river. Can't tell without the full report :-) All of the dealers in this area provide free reports (either CF or AC, sometimes both) with their used cars, even on line. I've scoped out a few looking at cars on line.
--
SC Tom

Thanks everyone. I got the information I was looking for.