Carmax

I'm thinking of buying a 2003 Escape XLT 4x4 with 9000 miles from Carmax. Has anyone ever dealt with them? Your opinions if you have. Thanks.

Yep. Dealt with them and was able to save a few friends some cash and got as nice or nicer cars by going elsewhere. "Carmax, where you pay the Maximum price for any car" comes to mind...
Here's another trick: based on their pay methods if they aren't selling 30-40 cars a month (a feat in most places) they are starving. I can't recall ever going to any of the Carmax's in any area that I live and seeing the same salespeople there for more than 2-3 months without a full-turnover. There goes any customer follow-up or anyone familiar with you and your vehicle. No thanks!

Same at most car dealers and cell phone establishments.
Get new folks in, they may do OK for a month or two selling to friends and relatives, and then they are gone.
..