Cash Back?

Is this only for on-the-lot cars or can it be applied to factory-ordered cars? If factory-ordered does it apply to when the car is ordered or delivered (with th chance that the cash back has been revoked)?

TIA, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Usually, to get the cash, you have to take delivery by a certain date. Go the automaker's website and read about the cash back details there or ask the dealer. If you ask the dealer, and you decide to buy, make sure you get the details in writing, and read the details (in case the sales person accidently leaves out important information).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Actually, you need to have a signed order by a certain date. That's how it's been for the last 2 I did. Both of mine were factory orders, which are cheaper than picking something that's been on the lot for more than a few days - plus you get the cash back.

Reply to
Mark

Depends on the auto maker. For Ford, you have to take delivery.

That is why the text which you deleted (without indicating that deleted it-- which is a no-no in my book) about getting and reading the fine print is so important.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Generally it applies to in stock vehicles, or those abstained by one dealer from another. Retail orders ARE included IF delivered before the rebate period expires.

mike hunt

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Then someone should tell the 2 different FORD dealers I bought through, because I did it. Twice.

Reply to
Mark

Ordered. Not delivered. Been there, done that.

Reply to
Mark

Depends on the details of the plan. Ford specifies delivered. Other auto makers specify ordered. Read the fine print.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You should write to the Ford webmaster. The website clearly states take delivery.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff