CC Deactivation Switch Fuse Rating (Recall)

Ford has recently been installing in-line fuses in the brake pressure switch harness, under a recall. The recall affects only certain models (F150 and a couple more). I have two vehicles with the same 'always hot' switch, but mine are not covered by the recall. Don't know how Ford determined that even with an identical design, these are less fire- prone, but I am planning to add the in-line fuse anyway. Does anyone know if these fused jumpers are available for sale? If not, any clue what is the rating of the in-line fuse? (Allegedly, the switch was only designed for 1A, so it's probably not more than that).

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Unless they changed the recall in the last 3 months the only thing they replace is the switch and connector

No inline fuse is installed

Reply to
JohanB

Hmm, Ford's VP for Safety seems to be announcing the installation of an inline fuse in their video:

replace is the switch and connector. No > inline fuse is installed

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Maybe they did change it

In the couple of dozen I installed the kit only came with new switch, adapter cable without fuse and binder

They stated if old connector was showing any overheating to cut old connector and install adapter cable directly on wires

JohanB