change belt on 1989 F150

Can anyone tell me the correct way to replace the serpentine belt on my 1989 F150 extended cab truck. It has a V8 5.0 engine. I tried to relieve the tension to take the belt off but it did not work.

What method did you use to relieve the tension? It ain't rocket science... I mean even a mechanic can do it.....

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 02:56:43 GMT, "Jim Warman"

simply use a serp belt tool hope this helps h u r c
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Did you loosen the tensioner lock bolt (same as pivot bolt)?
http://tinyurl.com/e7vee
Else go to Autozone.com and look at repair info
you pay..DEAL with it!