Changing Autotrans fluid

I have an 02 Taurus. The tranny fluid is starting to lose the reddish color. It is reddish brown now. It does not smell burnt. As an easy way to change,
I'll like to insert a hose into the dip stick hole and use my vacuum pump to pull the fluid out that way. Is there a filter that needs changed as well? Is it better to have it flushed at a garage? Thanks
Hey... Doing the same thing this weekend! Local Ford dealer wants $140 for the job (free 5 qts of fluid, the rest costs extra). There is a filter/gasket kit available. I've had mine for a bit, not sure of the price. $15 - $30 seems about the right range, I'm thinking on the lower side. I'm going to drop the pan and change whatever comes out, plus maybe a quick run in neutral to pump out some extra fluid... I'll change what I can for now...

color.
change,