Changing Brakes on Aerostar

I recently had to change brakes for the first time on my Aerostar. When I got the wheel off, I was surprised to find no bolts! Looking for help on USENET, the only thread I could find that addressed how to
do this was this one http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.ford/browse_thread/thread/5c4f3e91c9d9c415/16812aa6335f259c?lnk=st&q=replace+brakes+aerostar&rnum=1&hl=en#16812aa6335f259c but the poster never did say how to do it, and while I did figure out how to remove the calipers, the thread is too old for me to reply to, so I am starting a new one. Disregard if this is common knowledge; this is for poor, ignorant folks like me.
Ford Aerostar brake calipers, at least on the model years 1992 (mine) and 1993 (the original poster's), use spring-like spacers to wedge the calipers into place, rather than bolts. Once you see them, they jump right out at you. On either side of the caliper itself, you will see small steel plates with some type of elastic between them. Two of the plates are on either end of the caliper itself. You simply punch them out with a hammer and a regular screwdriver, and let them fall out behind the caliper. Pull out the caliper from the larger frame holding it, pull the old pads out, spread the caliper open with a C-clamp, slide the new inside pad into position behind the rotor, snap the new outside pad into the caliper, and slide the caliper back into its orignal position. Hammer the bottom spacer back into its original position, then hammer the top spacer back into its slot. Put the wheel back on and you're good to go.

Suggest: replace 'hammer' with 'tap healthily'... COULD be too much resistance and ruin something.
you pay..DEAL with it!