Changing PCV on '91 Grand Marquis

I plan to change the PCV and screen on my '91 Grand Marquis (302). Should I replace the grommet too or are they usually ok?
I finally located the pcv on the back of the engine (great idea Ford) and it
looks like it will be a bit of a chore to deal with. Anyone have any pointers on this repair? Especially on the screen, does it just lift out or what? I assume the valve just pulls straight up and out.
I saw a Fram PCV at Wal-Mart the other day and I noticed it looks different than the one on my car. I think I will go to O'Reilly Auto and see if they sell the Motorcraft valve they have listed on their website. It's somewhat cheaper than what Ford quoted me for a new valve.
TIA

it
or
different
they
somewhat
The PCV is actually pretty easy, and yes you should replace the screen, it is a major cause of oil leaks. If it's never been changed, soak it with some carb cleaner, then force a flat head screwdriver into it and twist it to break it free.
The screen is difficult to take out, on my 89CV, I screwed a 3 wood screw down through the mesh and pulled it out with a vice-grips. It was completely clogged, after replacing the PVC and screen, all my oil leaks stopped. John
Thanks for the tips. I still haven't tackled this job yet, but plan to see about getting the valve and screen tomorrow.
Thanks to all who replied. Mac