Changing Transaxle oil at 201k miles?

My beater '89 Tempo has 201k miles on it. While in for warranty alignment #x, I asked them to change the manual transaxle oil, having last done it at 150k. They refused, citing the possibility of causing
leaks or something.
Why? I watched the Jiffy Lube guy do it 50k ago, and used a hose to get all the dirty gear oil out of it, then just re-filled it to the plug level. What do they usually do? I have never done a FWD clutch or trans R&R job.
--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Ted wrote:

It was just the way they did it. He seemed sure of himself, and checked the level. He knew I was watching, and said "few people actually ask for that".
I honestly forget from my oil changes and crap where *exactly* that plug is, I don't usually look there. I don't remember seeing a plug on the bottom, though.
I don't know what the fluid looks like, but my synchros are wearing ever further down, and I thought it might be a good "while it's in there, been 50k more" thing.
I am trying to get as many miles outta this sucker as I can, so I can put all the $ I'd send to a bank on a newer car into my '67 Mustang. Thought it might be cheap insurance.
BTW,

HA! Good question. It's a lifetime alignment Firestone foolishly offered to this Tempo owner six years ago. And one they have done 5 or 6 of them by now... BANG, hit a pothole, get it checked!

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

CJB wrote:

Yeah, he mentioned that as an equivalent - "like an automatic". I thought, "but it's a stick" and was late to get back to work so I left, a bit confused. I have also only owned two automatics in the past 17 years, both as "one-year" cars. And they were up in the 125 - 150k range so I didn't even think of it as long as the level was full hot.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65
Wound Up wrote:

equipment was not available to suck it out or whatever. You got the equivalent of the mechanic's shrug.