Changing Wiper Blade on Grand Marquis

I have a 1993 Grand Marquis. I want to change the wipers, but not just the refill - the whole blade.

But I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get the metal frame that holds the refills off of the arm that attaches at the base of the windshield.

There's a pin that goes through the metal frame but I can't figure out how to get it off. There's no clip or tab or anything else to press. There's a round thing that looks like a washer that's crimped at the edges but it doesn't seem like it comes off.

Can someone please describe how to do this? Thanks!

Reply to
jeffg

look under the arm at the blade for a clip thingy to press and then slide the blade toward the car.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

The wiper arm is "U" shaped where it attaches to the wiper blade holder. Inside that "U" you will probably find a plastic piece that can be squeezed to release it from the "U" shaped arm.

Reply to
I. Care

wrote: 1993 Grand Marquis

I want to change my wiper blades, but I can't figure out how to get the old blades off of the wiper arms. Can someone please describe how to do this? Thanks! __________________________________________________

When the auto parts store is not busy, tell the counter person you want to buy wipers but you don't know how to install them. He/she will take the wipers out to your car and snap them in place for you.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan