check engine soon light

Can anyone tell me how to reset or disable the check engine soon light on a 98 Windstar?

: Can anyone tell me how to reset or disable the check engine soon light on a : 98 Windstar? : :
This is generally a sign that the PCV (pollution control valve) is dirty. When it happens to me, I get a fill of high octane or use a gas cleaner and it goes away in a couple of miles.
Dan Mercer
The diag codes turned out to be cylinders #4, 5 and 6 misfired. I purchased new spark plugs and wire set. Hopefully this will take care of the problem. Also don't go to Auto Zone to use their tester, they wouldn't give me the time of day. They just lost a long time customer.
g wrote:

i always got good service from auto zone.. maybe it was your attitude that did it??? who knows what the problem.. i see the guys at the auto zone around me, i go to three of them.. most customers go there because they have to buy stuff as their cars dont work... so they are not happy when then go in there... the guys at the ones around my house take a lot of crap off of people who are rude and well if i worked there they probably would have to fire me as i would past the post on the low light customers.... just a thought....

Find out what the problem is and have it fixed.