Chinese-made cars will not be cheaper than domestics

Think Japanese cars. Toyota Coronas sold for $1800 when intoduced. Once we got hooked, they jacked up the prices to American levels. The Chinese will do the same after they wipe out Ford.
Lenin once said, "The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them". So true, if GM imports Chinese Chevys.
Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system Per maggiori informazioni |For more info https://www.mixmaster.it

It is only our politicians that keep us from buying a Tata Nano for $2600.
Detrot doesn't buy my products, why should I buy theirs? It is going to be a question many are going to ask after GM & Chrysler are bilking the taxpayers including myself.
It is why I will not by a auto again that has a GM, Chrysler, GMAC, UAW or CAW part in it.
So Chinese and India vehicles have appeal. Bring them on.... and Ford does make non-UAW stuff imported....
Pick my pocket, your business can go to hell.
Canuck57 wrote:

Actually, it's NHTSA.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

And does NHTSA run the administration, congress and the senate?
Despite your prejudices the Smart is not "a crap box", even if the AMG version may cost a lot.
DAS
"Canuck57" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:05GUl.5378$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe24.iad...
Actually, not necesarily for the time being. I gather (not from here) that the Nano is still poor for safety, though that may change in future (with its price going up).
Furthermore, my 1993 Merc 190E has a market value of somewhere between zero and scrap, but I bet it's still a safer bet than a Tata Nano.
It is also interesting to note that the export version of the Nano will have more features.
DAS
"Nate Nagel" < snipped-for-privacy@roosters.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com...
Around here if you can find a running car that will pass inspection (both safety and emissions) for less than $4K you're doing all right. I just don't see a whole lot of them for sale.
If you are near DC and your merc has a manual transmixer and will pass inspection, I'd be happy to give you scrap value for it. Maybe even a little more if I'm feeling generous :)
nate

Well, it just failed the UK MoT test, the annual roadworthiness test carried out on cars >3 yr...
However, it's all wear-and-tear items, the rusty silencer section (I think you all them "muffler") being the most expensive. And that had not been renewed for many years. A light knob came off. Costs about a pound... Nothing structural.
Something else I can't remember but will be paying for...
The great think about an old car is that one does not care so much about scratches and bumps. A great advantage when 'in conflict' with newer cars... whose drivers know this...
So, not selling...not yet, anyway.
DAS
"N8N" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@j12g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...

Because our gov'ts will attempt to protect domestic and jack up the cost of imports.

They do not jack up they jack off

They do not jack up they jack off ----- Funny, my sediments with GM/CAW/UAW/Chrysler/Delco/GMAC exactly.

If the Chinese build all our cars they will want higher pay, to bring their standard of living up to ours. Add the transportation and the handling charges on top, and give GM (or whoever imports them) their profit, and within a few years it will be cheaper to build CHINESE vehicles in North America than in China, just like it is now cheaper to build Toyota and Honda cars for North American consumption in North America than to build them in Japan.
In that respect the market IS self regulating.
George Orwell wrote:

Uhm... they aren't cheaper now
Doubtful they will wipe out ford
lets wipe out the auto industry boys....what will people do then???? serve all the rich like we are suppose to do...work for 2 an hour with aka47 pointed at the back of our heads....the rich are going to hang soon

The Ford Fusion is made where? Mexico. The Ford Focus is made where? Michigan. The Ford Focus 2.4L engine is made where? The Ford Focus manual 5 speed transmission is made where? Nope, not anywhere in the U.S.A.
Ford sold all its foreign car manufacturers (Jaguar et al) except what? Why were they sold? Ford recently closed some facilities. Why? Rope taken back.
--
Dave

George Orwell wrote:

but the originals rusted away in a short time too.. big time