CHUCK ENGINE LIGHT - Time for a New Engine

Page 1 of 2
Sooner or later almost every driver sees a yellow "Check Engine" light. This means that the engine needs repair. This is generally a minor problem such as a defective emissions control, cracked vacuum
hose, or a bad spark plug.
It's a little known fact is that when the engine needs to be replaced, the "E" in the word "CHECK" changes to a "U". Thus it says "CHUCK ENGINE".
If you ever see the words "CHUCK ENGINE", you need a new engine immediately. DO NOT continue driving. Your engine is trash.
Take this message seriously. This is not merely a malfunction of the spell checker in your cars computer, this is SERIOUS. By the time this alert occurs, you are likely missing some pistons, your valves fell into the crankcase, there is a huge hole in your block, your crankshaft is stuck inside your transmission, your main bearings fell out, your engine head came off, or your carburetor got sucked into your exhaust manifold. These are all serious problems, and just a few of the many terrible things that can happen to an engine.
I know this for fact. Just last week I was driving down the road in my Ford when I saw the dreaded words, in flashing red, "CHUCK ENGINE". I stopped the car and called the wrecker. My mechanic later told me that my water pump had sucked my alternator into the radiator, pushed it thru the 5th cylinder, and it was found embedded inside my muffler. I was given the choice to replace the engine, at the cost of almost $50,000, or to buy a new car. I am trying to get a second mortgage to raise the money for the repair, because I can not afford a new car.
CHUCK ENGINE is a SERIOUS matter!!!! When you see these dreaded words, STOP DRIVING and seek help.
Holy Planned Obsolescence, Batman!
--
Please don't give financial rewards to trolls -
DO NOT CLICK on any URLs containing "calrog.com"
[...]
note - the chuck engine light can nuisance trip if the O2 sensor that is mounted in the gas tank reads too high. Beware..
trailer wrote:

The fact that a check engine light is YELLOW indicates it is a warning light not a trouble light.
It has nothing to do with oil pressure or level, the charging system or the engine temperature. Those lights are RED to indicate operating under those conditions can cause damage and the engine. Operating with a red light eliminated is not a good idea
A check engine light simply indicates the vehicle is operation outside of the design parameter that regulate for pollution. The problem can be as simple as a bad plug or clogged fuel injector.
Take the vehicle to a competent technician who has the proper equipment to analyze and correct the problem WBM.

Do you not actually read any of this stuff before answering?

I merely responded to the thread not to an individual comment. Many times after awhile the thread wonders of to a President Bush hating comment or disparaging one of the commenter's LOL

I'll accept that as a good response to a goofy thread.

Why would anyone hate President Bush? He's such a kind, loving and intelligent man.......

That's a common misconception. It was in fact the radiators that rusted.
especially on the early beetle cars.
were known to rust. Be careful.

LOL good one.
wrote in message Also, some VW aluminum

Technically, "Rust" is the oxidation of iron or steel, therefore, aluminum doesn't rust. Aluminum corrodes.
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:58:24 -0800 (PST), Larry Bud

Born after Reagan was elected, huh?
Tim J. wrote:

Forgot everything you were supposed to have learned, huh?
Jack
Aluminum oxidizes, but it is not called rusting. Roy

If I were to just take the bulb out of the dashboard, can't I prevent the "CHUCK ENGINE" light from coming on in the first place?
That's darned confusing, since I named my engine Chuck (sigh).
On Feb 29, 6:47am, snipped-for-privacy@the-usa.com wrote:

Wow...that is really super-duper great material. Yes, you should consider a career in stand-up comedy.