Cleaning MAF sensors

I finally got around to cleaning those itsy-bitsy little sensors. Had trouble locating those little sponge tipped swab thingeys, though. I looked at electronic shops, craft supplies, etc. While accompanying my
wife while she was shopping for cosmetics I noticed some sponge tipped thingeys used for applying mascara or some damned thing. They were cheap and they worked great. Even found a use for them while cleaning a gun.
FWIW