cleaning metal wheels ...

I have the standard metal wheels on my "silver" 2002 Taurus SEL wagon. I live in a high-rise and so don't have access to an outside (or inside)
hose and faucet. I don't have to go to the car wash all that often ... as for the most part, my car's color doesn't show dirt much ... it's great !! But ... my wheels are looking kinda grubby.
I would like to be able to clean the metal wheels separately from going to a car wash. Unfortunately all the products that I have looked at so far, require "rinse well" after use - but as I said, I don't have access to a garden hose.
Can anyone suggest a product that either: a) doesn't require a lot of rinsing ... or b) would be a good one to use before going to my infrequent car washes ?
Some products claim to require no scrubbing or touching. I am a bit skeptical about how well they would clean ... if you don't go to the car wash regularly.
Would there be any harm in, while in the parking lot, just using a kitchen product like Vim, along with a wet sponge/rag and maybe a brush for crevices ... and then rinsing off in the car wash?
-RS-
Bring a 5 gallon bucket of water to the car and a 20 ounce cup. You can throw water on the wheels to rinse them off after they are cleaned.

How about a local do-it-yourself car wash? It'd cost you maybe $1.25 in quarters, and it's got some pretty high pressure rinsing capabilities. If you're concerned about tieing up a bay during a busy day, do as I do and go early in the morning, or later at night.