Climate Control Malfunction

About a week ago, the climate control system (heat/defroster/AC), regardless of the temperature setting (automatic or manual) is currently putting out air roughly the temperature of the sunny side of
the planet Mercury. At first I thought the problem was only confined to the Air Conditioning as it was producing only hot air. I soon discovered that the heater/defroster was unaffected by any change in the temperature setting. It seems like the temperature control is stuck on the maximum setting. Another auto repair forum suggested the problem might be the Climate Control Stratification (Secondary) Temperature Blend Door.
First, obviously I would like to have some idea of what is causing this situation and if the above diagnosis is correct. Next, is it something that a person with a modest knowledge of auto mechanics could fix? If so, where would I be able to find instructions on how to do this repair? If not, what could I reasonably expect my local repair shop to charge to fix this?
I very much appreciate any assistance with this problem
Gerry

foctard fix the BLEND DOOR
FOCTARD h u r c
Please excuse my ignorance, but 1) beyond "fix the BLEND DOOR", I don't quite understand your reply; 2) this does not really answer the rest of my questions.
I don't mean to be petulant or rude. However, I came here in good faith seeking assistance.
Gerry
If it is the blend door, which it most likely could be, this may help:
http://www.blenddoorfix.netfirms.com /
Good luck,
Steven
Gerry wrote:

Now that I have some idea what to look for when I pull the glove box, hopefully I'll be able to access the one in my car as easily.
Appreciate the response and help, Steven.
Gerry
will the procedure work with a 1913 ford crow vic with the same controls you describe