Code 0430 and 0420

For those that have seen my previous posts, let me apologize for beating a dead horse.

I have been getting a 0430 code (catalyst efficiency out of spec in bank

2) and I have just been clearing it or waiting for it to go away. Last night, I determined that it wasn't going to go away on its own and I pulled out the tool to clear it. What I found concerned me: not only did I have the 0430, I also had a 0420- the same problem in bank 1.

Q1: If I've worn out a catalytic converter in bank 2, is there any way that can cause bank 1 to start having problems? (I was pretty sure dual exhaust wouldn't allow for this)

Q2: By just clearing the codes and not fixing the problem, am I doing damage to my car?

Thanks-

1996 T-bird, 4.6L, original owner, 140K miles (I fully expect it to make 200K+)
Reply to
Brian Steele

Thomas Moats