code 1744 on 98 taurus

have a 1744 code on my 98 taurus it says it is a tcc solenoid circuit range. my question is is this diffucult to change? And where on the tranny is it located? Thanks for anyhelp on this.

I have the same problem on my Merc 97 LS 24v6. The fault codes are 1742 and 1744. I had a conversation in the local independent transmission shop and they said *presumably* it can be fixed with no overhaul of the tranny. The best case scenario - just a replacement of the solenoid controlling the TC. Then the parts + labour price would be about 350-400 Cdn. If I am a less lucky then some tranny valves would need to be replaced at about 900 Cdn (parts +labour). The local Ford dealer asks a way more.
Be prepared the car stalls on a stop signal or on lights. You can start again by doing this: 1) Put clutch to N an start the car 2) slightly press the gas pedal Up to 1500-1700 prm 3) release the gas pedal and immediately shift to D 4) slightly press the gas pedal again.
The car will make a jump and start moving.
Of course this in not a good way to drive and you use it only in the cases when you really need to do it . Otservise there will be dfferent figures on the repearance estimetes.
DNB