CODE READER for Taurus? Where, cost, model?? Help....

I have a 2002 Taurus and wouild like to purchase a Code Reader. How much do they cost? Buying used? Is that good/bad idea?
Are their more than one make/model of code reader for my car?
OR if you can't tell me here, can you point me to a website that either sells them or describes them, or tells you the most economical model to buy?
Thanks,
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:40:45 -0400, Information is Power

Get one that not onlyu gives you the code numeric but also the description so you don't need to go to the internet ormanual to find out what the code means. I use an AutoXray EZLink.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 23, 4:40 pm, Information is Power

Any car built after '96 should have an OBDII setup and , except for a few models, the hookup should be by your steering column close to where your knees reside. I've actually seen some halfway decent OBDII readers on a closeout shelf in Wal-Mart, but if you want a cheapie (by reading your post) that will get you by, check out Amazon. Quite often anything over $25 will get you free shipping. Actually, if you just want to read the codes every now and then, have it done at Autozone. Most halfway decent readers come with a code book, but if your cheapie doesn't, just google the code number.
Add pictures here
✖
Information is Power wrote:

Go to E-bay and search "Actron Code Reader" around $50.00 and they work very well...
Add pictures here
✖