codes 92 E -150

92 E -150 van 302 automatic with overdrive

122 ,126 ,998 '

hello all ' i was driving down the AC expressway about 70 mph when all of a sudden the van looses power and the check engine light comes on. i can drive it but only if i keep my foot at exactly the right position on the gas pedal ;too much pedal and it completely looses power ,not enough pedal and no acceleration .i cleared the codes and rechecked them and got the codes i listed above. any response would be helpful and thanks.

42n8-1
Reply to
42n8-1
42n8-1 opined in news:tGxod.11360$Vy.6943@trndny06:

122 (O,M) TP low (possibly grounded or open circuit) - TPS

126 (O,R,M) MAP or BARO sensor out of range - ">MAP

998 (R) Did not pass Key On Engine Off test yet (Get 111 in KOEO first)

(O) Transmission Electronic Pressure Control (EPC) solenoid/circuit fault - Transmission

-

So depending which you were reading out... I think I'd get out the meter and check for 5 volts on your TPS or MAP (BAP) whichever is easier to get to.. the 998 is probably a red herring due to KOEO fail.

Does this car have MAF? otherwise I dont see how it even limped in with neither the TPS or MAP

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

if its a difference between a map and a or a maf ,i have a map. it wasn't easy driving. the gas pedal had to be in exactly the right possition or it would loose power . thanks for the post.

Reply to
42n8-1
42n8-1 opined in news:yKyod.11364$Vy.6496@trndny06:

Thats not what I meant... look for sensor between filter box and throttle body but I THINK you have the MAF (as opposed to earlier speed density) system..

That means the "MAP" acts as a Baro (used to be BAP) and is not connected to the manifold.

Anyway you might have a sensor reference voltage problem which Could be a bad... Yep, you guessed it! That comes from the ECM.

But check out all the wiring first

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

thanks for the info . i will check it out tomorrow.

Reply to
42n8-1