codes 92 E -150

92 E -150 van 302 automatic with overdrive
122 ,126 ,998 '
hello all ' i was driving down the AC expressway about 70 mph when all of a sudden the van looses power and the check engine light comes
on. i can drive it but only if i keep my foot at exactly the right position on the gas pedal ;too much pedal and it completely looses power ,not enough pedal and no acceleration .i cleared the codes and rechecked them and got the codes i listed above. any response would be helpful and thanks.
42n8-1
42n8-1 opined in

122 (O,M) TP low (possibly grounded or open circuit) - TPS
126 (O,R,M) MAP or BARO sensor out of range - ">MAP
998 (R) Did not pass Key On Engine Off test yet (Get 111 in KOEO first)
(O) Transmission Electronic Pressure Control (EPC) solenoid/circuit fault - Transmission - http://www.dalidesign.com/hbook/3digit.html
So depending which you were reading out... I think I'd get out the meter and check for 5 volts on your TPS or MAP (BAP) whichever is easier to get to.. the 998 is probably a red herring due to KOEO fail.
Does this car have MAF? otherwise I dont see how it even limped in with neither the TPS or MAP
if its a difference between a map and a or a maf ,i have a map. it wasn't easy driving. the gas pedal had to be in exactly the right possition or it would loose power . thanks for the post.

42n8-1 opined in

Thats not what I meant... look for sensor between filter box and throttle body but I THINK you have the MAF (as opposed to earlier speed density) system..
That means the "MAP" acts as a Baro (used to be BAP) and is not connected to the manifold.
Anyway you might have a sensor reference voltage problem which Could be a bad... Yep, you guessed it! That comes from the ECM.
But check out all the wiring first

thanks for the info . i will check it out tomorrow.