Cold Exhaust

Hello, Generally speaking, if that is possible in these cases, what does cold exhuast mean? My car is running terrible rough; no power. I thought my
convetor was plugged, but when I removed it, I found that the left pipe from the manifold is hot ( 390 degrees with digital therometer) as expected. The right pipe is cold ( 81 degrees). So cold that I can grab it while the engine runs. In addition, when I put my hand against the opening, I get vacuum. Any ideas? Thanks, I'm stuck here.
--
jwald

JWald wrote:

Transverse engine? Or longitudinal? Most transverse engines don't really have true dual exhaust. They just look like it. One pipe is semi-fake and does not do much, if anything at all.
JWald opined in

I know you're upset.. but would you mind terribly telling us the year and model of the car, at least.
Any other info such as the engine type, size, when this started, any other events at the time.. etc, would be nice, too

"Backyard Mechanic" wrote

I was thinking heat riser valve completely plugged and forcing all exhaust out one side, but Google only shows JWald talking about a 93 Taurus SW with the 3.8 lately, but it doesn't have one.
The 351ci "church van", and a possible '78 Mustang V6 swap into a '79 E150 to replace a blown 300 were a couple of years ago. They would have one.
Sounds to me 1 bank is not working and just pushing un-burned air/fuel mixture out of that bank
Coil pack maybe, what kind of car/engine is it

from
The
JWald opined in

Actually it seems to me as if there's probably no cam action on that side