comparison question

If you're only looking to get ~100K from a Honda, you've got your head up your arse.

A Honda 2.0 / 2.2 Liter Accord should, like the 3.0 Vulcan, easily surpass 250,000 miles / 400,000 km w/o TBO. The car around the engine, in either case, or both, for that matter, will fatigue & rust out in the time that it takes an ordinary owner to reach that benchmark.

The problem with the Honda is that it's an interference engine and proper attention to the timing belt(s) is imperative(also, opt for the stick shift to avoid trans problems). I've never seen a timing chain on a Vulcan fail.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

most freewheeling engines tend to fail and crash there valves hi revs and corners seen it lots

hurc ast

Reply to
3 dog nite

I second that. I had a 1989 Honda Prelude with ONLY 62k miles that had a problem where the camshaft lost its place because something fell off the end of it. The mechanics said it was the key that kept the camshaft and cam sprocket in sync with one another. This engine was tapping something awful. We had just bought the damn thing used from my parents who babied the crap out of it. Go figure. I've never had a Ford do that on me.

And try selling a used Honda privately to a Honda person, everyone wants every last freaking receipt to prove that you took care of the car better than they plan to, like you're supposed to "certify" the damn thing for them. What a load of crap.

Reply to
sleepdog