complete coolant change procedure, '90 tbird LX

For certain reasons, I wish to do as thorough of a coolant removal/change as possible in this vehicle.. what would be the best way to accomplish this? I've always just drained with the radiator plug... but I want to go the full monty here..with the absence of a thermostat, would pulling the bottom hose from the radiator and placing a large container to catch from both ends, then running the engine for a short time (just enough to pump out all I can) be an acceptable method? too dangerous? would burping the system afterward by parking on an uphill grade and topping off be extremely difficult to achieve completely after such a complete drain?

Reply to
Dark1

3.8L or 5.0L? The 3.8 of this era may have a bleeder at the top of the engine to get the air out. (The '88 3.8 engines did not have this. Some '89 3.8 engines did. Your '90 might also) I think the owners manual has a little write up about this. Check it out first. The 3.8 has had a tendency to trap some air pockets when doing coolant changes.
Reply to
Kruse