concept boss 351...why can't i find any info?

A couple years ago, using the late-90s style Mustang body, a prototype Mustang was built. This car was called the Boss 351...a reincarnation of the 1971 production car.

I have pictures of it, so I know I'm not imagining things...but why can't I find anything online about it?

It was supposedly a 'top-secret' prototype, mainly for the entertainment of Ford assembly plant workers on their breaks. According to the article I read, Ford (as a company) did not directly finance or design the car...only one was ever built, and it was built from spare parts lying around a plant and a few engineers' free time. I read about it on a newsgroup-type site, possibly even a automotive magazine's website. I have searched google and this forum, and found nothing. I don't remember the year of the car, but then again because of the circumstances surrounding the car itself I wouldn't expect it to even have a VIN number, yet alone an actual 'model year'.

If anyone can tell me the model year...this is the one piece of information I want...I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
kkishkon