CONTINENTAL 95 REAR SHAKING/RATTLING?

I have tightened the upper shock mounts, checked the lower shock mounts, removed both height sensors (reinstalled them, of course), removed everything from the trunk, checked the entire rear suspension
for looseness, still there is a shaking/rattling when hitting bumps at low speed...any ideas?

Combination bad shock and out-balance tire
you pay..DEAL with it!
changed and rebalance tires, same thing. Please describe what to check on the shock. thanks.

Meaning, I assume, you moved tires and still does it. Thinking a shock that might be oily on outside, then
Also check all control arm/suspension bushings close
you pay..DEAL with it!

And there was a TSB/Recall on a rear suspension bolt or something of the nature, as I recall
you pay..DEAL with it!

http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/67 - int/1994/lincoln/continental/signature/index.html
Clicked wrong year... but was on 95 taurus/sable/cont as well
you pay..DEAL with it!

And some reason thought REAR suspension... is rear attach, FRONT cradle
you pay..DEAL with it!
snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com wrote:

Check that the upper mounting plates aren't bad, causing them to be metal to metal. Usually when they're this bad, you can tell by lifting and lowering the vehical while observing the mounting plates. If they're worn bad enough to cause a "thumping" or rattle on bumps, then you should see excessive
movement in the rubber of the mounts.
also... be sure the baffles in the muffler are'nt loose or some other exaust fixture isn't rattling.
a couple of uneducated guess's for you.
let us know.
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~