CONTINENTAL 95 REAR SHAKING/RATTLING?

I have tightened the upper shock mounts, checked the lower shock mounts, removed both height sensors (reinstalled them, of course), removed everything from the trunk, checked the entire rear suspension for looseness, still there is a shaking/rattling when hitting bumps at low speed...any ideas?

Reply to
septicman

Combination bad shock and out-balance tire

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

changed and rebalance tires, same thing. Please describe what to check on the shock. thanks.

Reply to
septicman

Meaning, I assume, you moved tires and still does it. Thinking a shock that might be oily on outside, then

Also check all control arm/suspension bushings close

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

And there was a TSB/Recall on a rear suspension bolt or something of the nature, as I recall

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Clicked wrong year... but was on 95 taurus/sable/cont as well

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

never mind.. And some reason thought REAR suspension... is rear attach, FRONT cradle

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Check that the upper mounting plates aren't bad, causing them to be metal to metal. Usually when they're this bad, you can tell by lifting and lowering the vehical while observing the mounting plates. If they're worn bad enough to cause a "thumping" or rattle on bumps, then you should see excessive

movement in the rubber of the mounts.

also... be sure the baffles in the muffler are'nt loose or some other exaust fixture isn't rattling.

a couple of uneducated guess's for you.

let us know.

~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to