Contour SVT - a good used car purchase?

I'm thinking about getting a Contour SVT and was wondering what people know about them - is a Contour SVT a good used car?
I've read good reliability ratings off Yahoo/MSN/Consumer Reports but
I've read occasional bad quality posts here and the group seems to list a lot of problems.
If you recommend a Contour SVT, are any years better than others? What should I look out for?
Any advice appreciated!
Thanks H