Control arm bushing

If they are non directional tires. Since when start pulling to the left? No local front end specialty shop?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Snuffy - have you switched tires right to left yet???? This is the simplest way to diagnose your problem..

Does the pull change when you touch the brakes? Have you checked for brake drag? Does one wheel get hotter than the other??

Check these items FIRST before paying the dealer or any other mechanic

- particularly the "guessers" you have been using.

Aerostars are known for brake calipers sticking - either on the sliders or the pistons - particularly if brake fluid has not been changed on an adequate schedule. The fluid absorbs water and rusts the pistons/ caliper bores.

If the brake slides are not lubricated at least annually the sliders tend to stick too - both of which can cause the brakes to "hang" - and causing a pull to the side with the bad caliper - which changes (either lessens or pulls to the other side) under moderate braking.

This is if switching the tires does not solve the problem.

Reply to
clare

bicycle.... LOL! Air pressure is holding fine and same pressure all around. Just started pulling to the left. I have lost confidence with every mechanic I have seen about this pulling problem. Last resort will be to take it to the (drum roll) Ford dealer. If they can isolate the problem, even paying twice the regular cost will be worth it in the long run.

ideas how to proceed with this?

brakes....

New tires put on about a month ago and no pulling. Just started last week. Have only driven on smooth roads, no potholes, curbs, etc.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Whay kind of tires? Tires do fail. Switch from side to side to confirm. Not rocket science.

Reply to
clare

ght and all are even.

chanics installed 2 tires. They claimed it was anything from bushings to w heel bearings. I took it to a "reputable" tire place and they re-balanced them. Still vibrated. Then took it to the Ford dealer who said they each had several weights on the tires, took all of them off and balanced the tir es. No vibration after that.

snipped-for-privacy@fx05.iad...

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

$ snipped-for-privacy@fx29.iad...

icycle.... LOL! Air pressure is holding fine and same pressure all arou nd. Just started pulling to the left. I have lost confidence with every m echanic I have seen about this pulling problem. Last resort will be to tak e it to the (drum roll) Ford dealer. If they can isolate the problem, eve n paying twice the regular cost will be worth it in the long run.

as how to proceed with this?

Clare, I don't think he reads ANY of your excellent advice. If he does he ignores it. After all, what would you know; after being there a zillion times.

Reply to
Tekkie®

His loss. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink

Reply to
clare

pressure tonight and all are even.

incompetent mechanics installed 2 tires. They claimed it was anything from bushings to wheel bearings. I took it to a "reputable" tire place and they re-balanced them. Still vibrated. Then took it to the Ford dealer who said they each had several weights on the tires, took all of them off and balanced the tires. No vibration after that.

get a bicycle.... LOL! Air pressure is holding fine and same pressure all around. Just started pulling to the left. I have lost confidence with every mechanic I have seen about this pulling problem. Last resort will be to take it to the (drum roll) Ford dealer. If they can isolate the problem, even paying twice the regular cost will be worth it in the long run.

other ideas how to proceed with this?

Yep, I read every one and try to reply when some problem is resolved. I got the tips on brakes binding, swapping tires left to right, etc., the first time. I appreciate all the suggestions but not practical to post "I tried it and it didn't work" or "It did work" every time.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Without knowing what has and has not been tried - therfore knowing what is or is not definitively ruled out as being the problem, NOBODY can give you any meaningful advice.

Reply to
clare

pressure tonight and all are even.

incompetent mechanics installed 2 tires. They claimed it was anything from bushings to wheel bearings. I took it to a "reputable" tire place and they re-balanced them. Still vibrated. Then took it to the Ford dealer who said they each had several weights on the tires, took all of them off and balanced the tires. No vibration after that.

specs. How can they

bullet-proof. The bushing

and get a bicycle.... LOL! Air pressure is holding fine and same pressure all around. Just started pulling to the left. I have lost confidence with every mechanic I have seen about this pulling problem. Last resort will be to take it to the (drum roll) Ford dealer. If they can isolate the problem, even paying twice the regular cost will be worth it in the long run.

other ideas how to proceed with this?

I got the tips on brakes binding, swapping tires left to right, etc., the first time. I appreciate all the suggestions but not practical to post "I tried it and it didn't work" or "It did work" every time.

I agree completely! I always appreciate the good advice from you, Tekkie and a great many other fine folks here. When a lot of people reply, I didn't want to overload the newsgroup with follow ups and one word replies of thanks.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney