Convert VCR to DVD Player

I just bought a 2003 Ford Windstar SEL that comes with the VCR player. I was a little disappointed that they didn't offer the DVD player, though, because most of my little guy's movies are on DVD now. My question is, seeing as I should be able to plug in the Xbox into the system and play games, should I not be able to use the Xbox to watch a DVD?

Reply to
Kimmal

Kimmal opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

{I'm ignoring the first part because the reasons WHY will become probably self-evident once you try to watch DVD's in the car.}

  1. Do you have an Xbox?
  2. Is there a place to plug in an Xbox?
  3. Will the Xbox play DVD?

I dont understand the question if there is one..

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Howdy from a fellow new SEL owner! The short answer is, as long as your Xbox has the right video outputs into the auxilliary video input jacks on the base of the center console, and you get an inverter to convert the power port to AC for the Xbox, I think this should work fine, as should any standard DVD player. One caveat: you may want to research vulnerable the Xbox is to vibrations, both in terms of DVD skipping and generally holding up, as well as to temperature extremes if you'll be leaving the Xbox in the car for any length of time when you're not driving. {Jonathan, whose VCP is defective, and who is getting a new player on Thursday}

Reply to
Jonathan Ezor

You might want to check to see if your XBox plays DVD's. The Playstation II does.

Reply to
AJ M.

u dont need movies in a vehicle.

Reply to
Im Right

Obviously you've never travelled with a 2 year old.

Reply to
Kimmal

You can get a portable DVD player if you want to watch DVD's in the car if you don't want to bother installing a DVD player in your vehicle. The DVD player and LCD screen is essential for any passengers in the back seat of your vehicle. Children nowadays can't stand long trips and the only way to avoid the "are we there, yet?" routine is to get a DVD player installed in your vehicle. You may want to try

to see what CD/DVD players and LCD screens fits in your vehicle if the auto makers doesn't offer DVD players for your vehicle.

Reply to
CyberWolf

Your are out of your mind! Video doesn't belong in your vehical. When kids start whining, turn off the AC. They used to travel in horse drawn carts and didn't need TV or Gameboys or Nintendo. Books don't help nowadays. (cause kids don't know how to read.) The reason they wear them stupid, baggy flood pants is cause they are overweight from watching TV and eating junk food.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

Turn off the road and smack the little darlings like you should have done years ago

Reply to
Frank Ross

Are you out of your mind?!!!! That's like saying CD's, audio cassettes or a stereo doesn't belong in your vehicles. How can anyone today enjoy a long trip without music or videos? HUH? You probably never had kids, a niece or a nephew yourself. This is NOT the 19th century or early 20th century! People today don't enjoy riding in horse drawn carriages as much. You're from the early 20th century, we don't need you anymore.

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf

It's not the issue, and I'm not going to f*ck my sister any time soon so I can have a niece or nephew.

It's the east and west bound lanes closed for five hours while they mop up the carnage. That's the issue. You should just go sink your mini van in a lake and leave us responsible motorists out of it.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe