Converted front air ride to strut & spring system Mark Viii

I did this a year ago and have been happy with the ride. My friend did the work and ever since it was done, the compressor hasn't ever come on. The rear of the car never had any sinking problems but now with
over a year and no compressor, it's getting to low. I feel the rear air suspension is still good if I could get some air to it. Does anyone have any ideas what probably happened during the installation of the front struts that caused the compressor to be inactive? I was under the impression that the rear could work with the compressor even if the front were struts. The rear used to be super high, maybe to high but now the top of the tires are behind the fenders. Not rubbing yet. Thanks!