Coolant Leak

Have a 1988 3.6 Thunderbird. Just noticed a coolant leak from the evaporator housing drain tube. Right away I'm thinking heater core. Really do not want to tear into this for a possible replacement. Anyone with ideas? My thoughts (a) thinking about a back flush just in case of a clog. or (b) bypass the system by connecting the hoses together. Any problems with (b), in South Fla, no need for heater. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Brian Arnett opined in

DONT POST IN HTML
It's not clogged it's leaking... that's like seeing your ceiling drip and putting drano in the tub No problem with bypass if you dont need heater... just leave the flow restrictor in the line
Are you sure you have an 88 3.6?.
Thanks for all responses. How about a 1988 3.8....... OK so ended up at NAPA for a cheap $2.50 fix. Used the bypass route with a connector for the hoses.
Flow restrictor in the line????? Need help/info on this.....

B would work just fine. The heater core circuit is not related to keeping the engine cool. Bypass that puppy!